Fostering for South East Dog Rescue
Could you be one of our "Foster Heroes"? Here's the process to apply to Foster for SEDR
Thank you for considering fostering with South East Dog Rescue. Fostering is a vital part of dog rescue: it allows our dogs to be continually assessed in a home environment, helping us to find the right homes for our dogs.
Many of the dogs that come into SEDR either have medical issues or minor behavioural issues due to neglect/mistreatment. Therefore, in applying to be a foster home, you must be committed to help a dog throughout its SEDR journey.
How does the Fostering Process Work?
In order to become a foster home, you will need:
- To have passed our home check
- Keep us regularly updated with the foster dog in your care. Therefore, the ability to use email and attach photos is vital
- To be used to handling dogs and undertaking basic health checks (checking ears, eyes, assessing joint movement, etc)
- Ideally we need cat, dog and child free foster homes, but we are happy to look at all applications
- You will need to live within 60 minutes of Dartford or Dover 🚗
All vets bills are covered, all we ask is that you provide their food, patience and a safe, loving home.